People directly involved in the story
- Carlos Cerna
- A graduate of La Sierra University who has been very outspoken in his criticism of the teaching of origins at the university and has claimed to have been given a poor grade in retaliation for his creationist beliefs.   (See Carlos Cerna.)
- David Asscherick
- Adventist evangelist, cofounder and director of the ARISE Institute, and former pastor.  His letter to church leadership critical of LSU’s teaching of origins has been widely circulated on the internet.  He criticized LSU and promoted Educate Truth at length in a 3ABN special on science and creation. 
- Doug Batchelor
- Adventist evangelist, president of Amazing Facts, and pastor.
- Louie Bishop
- A former LSU student who as a student was an activist on campus and the internet against LSU’s teaching of origins. He claims to have been disciplined for his activities, in particular, for distributing classroom materials despite an agreement that he would not do so.  (See Louie Bishop.)
- Randal R. Wisbey
- “Randal R. Wisbey became La Sierra University’s third president on July 1, 2007,”  succeeding Dr. Larry Geraty who had been president of LSU since 1993. 
- Ricardo Graham
- President, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, LSU Board Chair.
- Sean Pitman
- Runs the website Educate Truth with Shane Hilde under the title “Moderator and Contributor”. He is a pathologist and a strong advocate for creation science supporting a literal six-day creation week. 
- Shane Hilde
- Runs the website Educate Truth with Sean Pitman under the title “Webmaster and Editor”. He is a graduate of LSU and currently teaches high school English at a public school in California. 
- Mary Hilde
- Wife of Shane Hilde.
- Larry Becker
- Executive Director, University Relations for LSU.
- Leonard Darnell
- Former LSU board member. Recorded a meeting with Adventist church administrators regarding AAA acreditation and accidentally left the recorder on to record a subsequent private conversation with himself and three friends. The private conversation was discovered, and the four people on the recording, sometimes called the LSU-4, were forced to resign. 
- Jeff Kaatz
- LSU Vice President for Advancement and one of the LSU-4 who were forced to resign due to an unwittingly recorded private conversation they had.  He is one of the so-called LSU-3 currently involved in a lawsuit regarding the forced resignations. 
- Jim Beach
- LSU dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, and Associate Professor of Mathematics. He is one of the LSU-4 who were forced to resign due to an unwittingly recorded private conversation they had.  He is one of the so-called LSU-3 currently involved in a lawsuit regarding the forced resignations. 
- Gary Bradley
- Professor of biology and one of the LSU-4 who were forced to resign due to an unwittingly recorded private conversation they had.  He is one of the so-called LSU-3 currently involved in a lawsuit regarding the forced resignations. 
- Larry Geraty
- President of La Sierra University from 1993 to 2007. 
- Clifford Goldstein
- Author for Adventist Review and editor of the Adult Sabbath School Quaterly. He wrote the controversial article “Seventh-day Darwinians” which was published in the Adventist Review. 
- Janelle (Moorehead) Shives
- Graduated from LSU in 2004 with a BS in biology. While a student, was an activist against the teaching of origins at LSU. 
- Jason Shives
- Husband of Janelle (Moorehead) Shives, was class president of his LLU medical school class while Janelle was involved in activism as LSU when Asscherick visited LLU for an evangelistic series.  
- Jan Paulsen
- President of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists from March 1, 1999, until June 25, 2010, when he was succeeded by Ted N. C. Wilson. 
- Don C. Schneider
- President of the North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church from 2000 until June 28, 2010, when he was succeeded by Dan Jackson. 
- Daniel R. Jackson
- Current president of the North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Elected June 28, 2010, he was preceeded by Don Schneider. 
- Harold J. Lance
- ASI Chairman, wrote a letter of concern to NAD President Don Schneider about the controversy.  (From the ASI website: “Adventist-laymen’s Services & Industries is a cooperative network of lay individuals, professionals and ministries who share a common commitment to support the global mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.”)
- C. Garland Dulan
- The Education Director for the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists from 2003 until July 2010. Currently he serves as the Vice President for Academic Affairs at Oakwood University. 
- Larry Blackmer
- Vice President of Education for the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists (i.e. NAD Education Director) and member of the AAA site visit to LSU.
- Angel Manuel Rodríguez
- Director of the Biblical Research Institute and author of a regular column in Adventist World. He wrote an article in Adventist World about “the tragedy of Adventists who are evolutionists.” 
- Jay Gallimore
- Michigan Conference President.
- Jim Wilson
- LSU biology department chair since 2008.
- Bill Knott
- Adventist Review editor.
- Art Chadwick
- Southwestern Adventist University research professor of geology.
- Ariel A. Roth
- Former director of the Geoscience Research Institute.
- Ella Smith Simmons
- General vice president of the Seventh-day Adventist world church (i.e. General Conference VP).
- Ingo Sorke
- Chair of the religion department at Southwestern Adventist University.
- Ted N.C. Wilson
- Current president of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Elected June 25, 2010, he was preceeded by Jan Paulsen. 
- Steve Pawluk
- LSU Provost since July 2010.
- David Gerguis
- LSU CFO.
- T. Joe Willey
- T. Joe Willey received his Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, in neuroscience and was a postdoctoral fellow at New York University in Buffalo and the Brain Research Institute at UCLA. He also taught neuroscience at the Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Walla Walla and La Sierra Universities. Wrote for Spectrum an analysis of LSU’s survey of current and former students. 
- Kent Hansen
- Attorney, chief legal counsel for LSU.
- Karnik Doukmetzian
- Attorney, general counsel for the General Conference and also North American Division’s general counsel.
- Cindy Parkhurst
- LSU’s WASC faculty coordinator
- Jerry N. Page
- President, Central California Conference.
- Richard D. McCune
- Attorney for the LSU-3.
- Michael W. Connally and Madonna L. Devling
- Attorneys for some of the defense in LSU-3 lawsuit.
- Phil Hiroshima
- Attorney for Ricardo Graham in the LSU-3 lawsuit.
- Ervin Taylor
- Professor emeritus of anthropology at the University of California, Riverside, and past executive publisher of Adventist Today.
- Bryan Ness
- Pacific Union College biology professor, was secretly recorded by a student who then sent the recording to Educate Truth who in turn published the recording without Ness’s knowledge or permission.
- Colin D. Standish
- Founder and president of the independent Adventist institute Hartland College and former president of Columbia Union College. Wrote an article on Educate Truth advocating “for immediate action by our leaders at all levels of God’s work to assemble a standing committee to establish a top to bottom, thorough investigation of our educational system.”  
- Dr. Warren Harvey Johns
- LLU Professor. Educate Truth published a video of his lecture to freshman bio seminar without his permission.
- Dr. Warren C. Trenchard
- Former LSU provost, currently LSU professor of religion. Educate Truth published a video of his lecture to freshman bio seminar without his permission.
- Dr. John Webster
- LSU School of Religion dean. Educate Truth published a video of his lecture to freshman bio seminar without his permission.
- Lisa M. Beardsley
- Liaison for higher education to the North American Division, member of the AAA site visiting team to LSU.
Authors who have written about LSU Controversy
- Bonnie Dwyer
- Author for Spectrum Magazine.
- Alexander Carpenter
- Author for Spectrum, PUC instructor of visual arts.
- Jared Wright
- Author for Spectrum, pastor, graduate of LSU.
- Mark A. Kellner
- News editor for the Adventist Review, author of the Review’s articles reporting on the LSU controversy.
- Sean Pitman
- Writer for Educate Truth.
- Shane Hilde
- Writer for Educate Truth.
- Ervin Taylor
- Professor emeritus of anthropology at the University of California, Riverside, and past executive publisher of Adventist Today Dr. Ervin Taylor has written several articles for AToday critical of Educate Truth.
- PZ Meyers
- Influential atheist author and blogger for the blog Pharyngula, wrote about the LSU controversy and Carlos Cerna’s complaints about his capstone paper. 
Boards, committees, groups, teams, etc.
AAA Site Visit Team
Larry Blackmer, Lisa Beardsley, Niels-Erik Andreasen, and David Steen, presumably others.
Members of Association of Adventist Colleges and Universities “ad hoc committee to develop strategies to encourage faith-based methodologies in the teaching of science on Adventist campuses.”
Eric Anderson, Gordon Bietz, Ron Carter, Dick Hart (chair), Heather Knight, and Randal Wisbey
Ad hoc Creation-Evolution Study Group
Committee chair, Larry Caviness, along with committee members Judy St. John and Meredith Jobe
LSU Board of Trustees
The following list is from LSU’s website.
RICARDO GRAHAM, Chair (President, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
JUDY ST. JOHN, Vice Chair (Certified Public Accountant)
RANDAL R. WISBEY, Secretary (President, La Sierra University)
Members At Large:
TONY ANOBILE (President of the Arizona Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
THEODORE BENSON (Treasurer, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
ALVARO BOLIVAR (Surgeon)
LARRY L. CAVINESS (President, Southern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
HENRY COIL, JR. (Businessman)
KAREN GAIO HANSBERGER (Physician)
MEREDITH JOBE (Attorney)
DONALD KANEN (Businessman)
JAMES KYLE (Physician)
ALVIN KWIRAM (Academic Administrator)
GERALD MCINTOSH (Businessman)
BRAD NEWTON (Secretary, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
GERALD D. PENICK, SR. (President, Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
ALINA SANCHEZ (Businesswoman)
ARNOLD TRUJILLO (Vice President, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
BERIT VON POHLE (Director of Education, Pacific Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists)
Not currently serving:
- Leonard Darnell (Businessman), one of the LSU-4, was forced to resign.
- Ambassador Kathy Proffitt (Businesswoman and former U.S. Ambassador to Malta), signer of the Joint Proposal, was removed by the board. 
- Dr. Carla Lidner-Baum (Dentist and Community Volunteer), signer of the Joint Proposal, was removed by the board. 
- Dr. Marta Tooma (Dentist, Philanthropist), signer of the Joint Proposal, was removed by the board. 
LSU Biology Faculty
Dr. James Wilson, Chair
Dr. Gary Bradley
Dr. Natasha Dean
Dr. Lee Greer
Dr. Lee Grismer
Dr. Eugene Joseph
Dr. John Perumal
Dr. Shereen Sabet
Dr. Lloyd Trueblood
Ryan VanDeventer, Biology Technical Associate
People yet to be identified
- The Creation-Evolution Study Group includes the following item:
June 17, 2009: Wisbey sends letter to Paulsen (GC president), Schneider (NAD president), Dulan, Thomsen, Beardsley and Blackmer. Letter asks for church to give serious consideration to all issues related to teaching of biology.